Sunday, September 2, 2012

Homeschool Mother's Journal, Sept 2, 2012

Blog Hop! http://www.ihomeschoolnetwork.com/category/journal


In my life this week….
          Things will be getting busy again…dance/soccer/extras start back up!

In our homeschool this week…
          The boys had a good week. Things went smoothly.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
          Have fun with it~

Places we’re going and people we are seeing…
          Park day this coming Friday! Yay, homeschool fun.

My favorite thing this week was…
          Working with Luca on MathUSee…counting over 20, using the blocks.

What’s working/not working for us…
          Struggling with reading with Luca. Have decided to stick with Explode the Code and Hooked on Phonics cards and CD. We started with “Teach Your Child To Read in 100 Easy Lesson”…it is not working for us.

Questions/thoughts I have…
          Sometimes I feel like I might be failing my kids…but then I see what is going on in the public schools and realize I am not. We just do things in our own way at my children’s pace and it is OK.

Things I am working on…
          Patience

I’m cooking…
          Applesauce in the crockpot. Got 9 jars!

I’m grateful for…
          My family
I’m hoping for…
          Another wonderful week with my kids.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

Luca working on Decimal Street (MathUSee)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment