Sunday, August 26, 2012

Homeschool Mother's Journal August 26, 2012

Blog Hop! http://www.ihomeschoolnetwork.com/category/journal/


In my life this week….
          I got a new to me car.

In our homeschool this week…
          We had a Back To School Bash with our homeschool group. The group is in it’s 2nd year and is growing in numbers of families and FUN! It is going to be a great year.

Places we’re going and people we are seeing…
          Just booked a trip to sunny CA to visit my husband’s side of the family.

My favorite thing this week was…
          Seeing all the kids get along and have a great time at the Bash. All age groups had fun reconnecting after the summer and making new friends.

What’s working/not working for us…
          Darn computer programs....Our first day going to use Wordly Wise online failed as the logins didn’t work. Of course, it is being remedied, but not in time before our school day was out. Thus, Wordly Wise put off until this next week.

Questions/thoughts I have…
          Do all 10 (almost 11) year boys get so emotional? He has never been this way.
Very frustrating. He won’t talk about it either. (I guess I should be able to relate as menopause has set in here J

Things I am working on…
          Creating a chore check off list every day for Nico which has to be completed before he can play. Too many chores have been put off for later and they don’t get compelted.
I’m reading….
          Still reading “Dragonfly in Amber”.
I’m cooking…
          Applesauce in the crockpot. My friend gave me two boxes full of delicious apples. My job this week is to get them made into applesauce. One batch is complete.

I’m grateful for…
          The precious time with my kids every day.

I’m hoping for…
          A non-emotional week from all of us.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

No comments:

Post a Comment